The Utility® Difference
The Utility® difference is like no other. Exclusive features, unparalleled flexibility, cutting-edge product innovations, over 80 years of experience in the foodservice industry – all are benefits you receive when you deal with Utility, one of the few remaining privately owned companies in the industry. Give Utility a try and you will agree that the Utility® experience is refreshingly unique.
Utility’s refrigerators, freezers and hot food cabinets come with more standard features than any competing product. Many of Utility’s standard features are not available even as options from other manufacturers. Such exclusive product features include:
- Sight glass which allows quick and easy system diagnosis without requiring tools, gauges or even any refrigeration experience
- Service valves on the high and low side of the refrigeration system and a standard receiver tank to enable technicians to service the system without the need to evacuate, recover and recharge refrigerant
- Your choice of either legs or casters at no extra charge
- More shelves standard per section than most other manufacturers
- Our confidence in our work as demonstrated by the longest and most complete warranties in the industry
- Lifetime technical support via phone or email direct from our engineers which ensures that you will always have help when you need it
- Additional testing beyond UL requirements to ensure that every unit leaves our factory with zero defects
- With Utility®, you simply get more value for your money
With Utility you get more flexibility than with any other refrigeration manufacturer. Choose from an extensive list of options to customize well over 1500 standard catalog models. We also offer products few other manufacturers have, such as:
- Pass-thru undercounter units
- Double-depth roll-in/roll-thru models
- Wine refrigerators (in over 50 configurations)
- Narrow (shallow) depth units
- Units specifically designed to hold hot-food cabinets (not modified refrigeration units)
- Concealed refrigeration/electrical/drain lines on remote undercounter units
Independent, Family Ownership
Utility is one of the last family-operated businesses in the foodservice equipment industry. The company owners are involved in all day-to-day operations, from customer service to engineering. Utility takes great pride in always focusing on each individual customer’s needs and offering unparalleled customer service. At Utility, we are committed to making the highest quality products, at a competitive price. We also strongly believe in American manufacturing and take personal pride in saying all Utility® products are Made in the USA.
We are constantly finding new ways to meet the needs of our users. We will modify an existing model or create a new one, whatever the situation calls for. Some examples include:
- Single section reach-in refrigerator/freezer display units, narrow depth with bottom-mounted compressors
- Roll-in and Reach-in models with independent electrical and refrigeration systems for each compartment
- Models with advanced digital controls with remote HAACP data logging, self-diagnostics and coil freeze-up protection
- Units with detachable refrigeration to clear low doorways
- Our well-trained engineers take pride in finding solutions to our customer’s challenges. When other manufacturers say they don’t make it, call Utility. Chances are, we can help you.
These Money-Saving Standard Features:
- 4 shelves (industry standard, 3) per reach-in section
- Customer able to specify stub-out and drain line locations
- Condensing units feature service valves and access ports, eliminating the need to add taps or make other modifications when servicing
- Low pressure control prevents compressor burnout in the event of refrigerant loss
- Serviceable from front; saves time and money
- Easy to remove doors prevent damage during installation and make cleaning and servicing easier
- Easy to replace condensate heaters
- Adjustable, heavy-duty edgemount hinges allow easy door adjustments
- Concealed all-copper drain system reduces corrosion and leaks
- Safety testing exceeds UL standards. Everything is tested at least twice
- Positive ground testing with dedicated liner ground
- Plastic bushings wherever electrical penetrates unit, reducing risk of electrical malfunctions
Uniquely Built For You.
We’ve spent nearly a century designing refrigeration solutions for virtually any need and requirement. And with over 2,500 standard models, we don’t build any unit until we know your unique specifications. That’s why we’re the most flexible commercial refrigerator manufacturer in the business. You benefit from a proven design, that’s been configured, manufactured, and hand-assembled to your exact requirements.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.